Training Minds coaches are working to secure locations for our 2014 summer camp season. Would you like to bring Training Minds to your area? Contact Chris Jeub to inquire.
With over a dozen years of history to back up the claim, Training Minds alumni are some of the most successful speakers and debaters in country. You will be trained by top-notch coaches – several former national champions themselves – to help make your competitive season your best ever. You’ll learn:
- How to cut and block literary pieces with the flair needed for champion success.
- How to write platform speeches that will place you consistently in final rounds.
- How to speak with the right balance of ethos, pathos and logos.
- How to argue and defend value debate topics with a grounded philosophical framework.
- How to promote sound policy topics for the upcoming year, and get a rundown for your specific league’s policy topic.
- How to master the intense theory surrounding champion debate competitiveness.
There is much, much more you’ll learn at Training Minds Camp, too much to list here. Bottom line: If you are serious about your upcoming competitive success, Training Minds Camp is the place you’ll want to be in the summer.
Training Minds is working to secure locations for the 2014 camp season. These places will be announced Thanksgiving 2013.
Your Experienced Coaches
Training Minds Ministry has been around for over a dozen years, and we’ve pulled together some of the best coaches in the country. Visit our coaches page to explore their bios, expertise and history. You’ll be impressed!
May we show you a bit of our hand? There are some secrets to the success that makes Training Minds Camp a head above the rest. Consider:
- We have an exclusive partnership with Monument Publishing, publisher of the best-selling curriculum for speech and debate.
- We hire many of the authors of this curriculum, those who write the sourcebook material, and they’re ready and willing to make the best learning experience for you.
- Bring your hometown coach with you, and they’ll get trained too! We hope entire clubs with their coaches come for a week of club development through Training Minds.
- We don’t just lecture; we engage the students. We merge debate rounds and extemp/apologetics practice into the week for students to be coached on the spot.
- Our coaches remain advocates for your success throughout the year, willing to help as help may be given. We believe in you!
As you can see, Training Minds campers are personally coached for success.
Training for Action
We train for action (1 Peter 1:13). Though the program is easy to love, it is purpose-driven and aggressive. We are training you to excel in competition because we know that your excellence ultimately makes you trainers of the world. We’ve got high hopes for you!
The record of Training Minds speaks for itself. You can almost count on it: Our campers end up in tournament out-rounds. (Keep up to date with our Success Page.) We’ve hosted students from all over the country, and year after year they return home to shake up their tournaments and intensify the competition. We are quite proud of our alumni!
But Training Minds is out to make you better people. We strive to instill in every competitor a sense of purpose. You are a child of God who has a calling specifically for you. The competitive environment is training grounds for participation in a larger story. To us, this is most exciting, and we’re in this for your long-term success.