Training Minds exists for nonprofit reasons: to educate people in speech and debate. In the eyes of the IRS, the funds raised toward this purpose are legitimate tax-deductible donations. President of Training Minds Chris Jeub explains…
How to Cut Your Cost in Half
As Mr. Jeub explained, 1/2 of your camp cost is for legitimate tax-deductible purposes. There are people in your life who love you and want to support your educational development. Consider:
- Aunts and uncles, grandparents or extended family
- Church members and neighbors
- Business owners or for-profit business entities
- Doctors, chiropractors, and other professionals
There are people in your life who want to support you and your education. Here is how you can make your appeal to them to support you without having to pay taxes for it. Follow these steps:
- Download the sample letter of appeal: Sample Appeal Letter
- Custom the letter to your specific debate camp and the people you will be asking
- Send the letter to those whom you feel would support you in your event tuition
Training Minds will receive the donations at its main office and credit the amount toward your tuition. Outstanding balances will be reimbursed at the start of the event. IMPORTANT: You must register in full to reserve your spot at your Training Minds Event.
Why This Works
Training Minds is a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit organization registered with the I.R.S., so donors are able to sponsor your experience and enjoy a tax-deduction. This is a great opportunity that makes camp affordable for virtually anyone.
Over the last several years, Training Minds Ministry has awarded over $50,000 to individual student tuition. There is no reason to let the financial cost get in the way of the best experience for your speech and debate year. This is a great opportunity to raise the necessary funds for your event as well as let loved ones know of the great opportunity to train minds for action.
Contact Us if you have any questions.